C & K Careers Ltd collects information about you when you are registered to receive our products or services. We also collect information when you visit our websites: ckcareersonline.org.uk, ckcareers.co.uk and recruitline.ckcareersonline.org.uk, voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback, attend any of our public events, workshops or other training courses. Your name, job title*, personal or work address*, personal or work email address*, personal or work phone number*, social media handle may be collected. We may add details of your contact or enquiry and our reply, to other internal records we hold from previous contact(s) with C & K Careers Ltd; this enables our staff to be up to date with your requirements. Enquiries normally receive a written response within three working days.
*depending on the nature of your contact with us ie personal or in your work capacity for example, in your role as a teacher or employer
• provide a careers information, advice and guidance (CIAG) service to young people and adults on behalf of schools, colleges, Local Authorities, prime and area-based contractors and employers
• provide services to schools, colleges, Local Authorities, prime and area-based contractors and employers, including to the professionals working for them, such as teachers, SENCOs (special educational needs co-ordinators), careers advisers, social workers and training staff
• keep you up to date with services and events we offer that might be of interest to you
• provide you with information about industry relevant news and updates
• help you be successful in accessing opportunities with colleges, sixth forms; training providers and employers
• provide related learning and employment support and training
• provide support to employers and training providers, such as recruitment and work experience
• consider any applications submitted for job vacancies with the company
• administer software licences and other products on behalf of other organisations.
We provide schools, colleges and businesses with information on, and insight into, education and employment and produce a range of products, booklets and other printed material to help deliver this. C & K Careers Ltd will not use your personal information in any photographic image, on video, our website, or any social media sites without your consent.
We collect additional information about you in CIAG interviews, group work sessions training, development and coaching sessions, as well as other face to face, email, text and telephone contacts.
We will collect additional information about you only for specific and lawful purposes and relevant and limited to what is necessary to deliver our products and services.
In some circumstances, C & K Careers Ltd does not need your consent to process your information such as:
• when it is necessary to protect your rights, or the rights of another person, if you or they are legally incapable of giving consent
• to prevent fraud
• carrying out a legal obligation or public interest task where for example, it is necessary to carry out the functions granted via the Education and Skills Act 2008
Some contracts give explicit consent to C & K Careers Ltd to process personal data and information about adults.
The Education and Skills Act 2008 gives C & K Careers Ltd explicit consent (i.e. we do not need to ask your permission) to process personal data and information related to young people. Specifically this information consists of names, addresses, dates of birth of pupils (Year 8 and above) and other data required to help identify those at risk of becoming not in education, employment or training (NEET) post 16, post 16 plans of young people and offers they receive along with current circumstances and activities.
If you are aged 13 or over, we need to obtain your permission (your consent) to process your photographic image before each photographic/video session. You will need to sign our consent form before the photo shoot. C & K Careers Ltd will only name a young person where they have given consent. If you are aged 13 or under we need consent from your parent or carer.
We produce a range of published materials and online information. From time to time we take photographic images (moving and still) of people (data subjects) and use case studies that may include these images and personal information (such as full name) to enhance and illustrate our media applications and make them motivational and inspiring to our audiences. From time to time we might issue a press release photograph featuring the young person.
C & K Careers Ltd will not share your information for marketing purposes without your consent.
Your personal data will not be transferred to other countries.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, up to date and kept only for as long as is necessary. Your personal information will be deleted when it is no longer needed or is out of date. You have the right to ask us whether we are processing your personal information and request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
In some circumstances you have the right to:
• have inaccurate personal information corrected
• request that C & K Careers Ltd delete your personal information.
Please note that, as we perform statutory public services, under the Education and Skills Act 2008, it may not be possible for us to delete some or all of your personal information. Where this is the case, we will inform you why. If you dispute this, you have the right to ask the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) to make a determination.
If you would like a copy of some, or all, of your personal information, you need to complete a subject access form
OR you can email email@example.com
OR you can write to us at our registered address: Huddersfield Careers Centre, 24 High Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2LR and a subject access form will be sent to you.
We anonymise some personal information such as through the use of redacting (editing text for publication), encryption and other measures to ensure the information cannot be linked to an individual. We have put technical security safeguards in place to limit access to data as well as training staff on how to protect personal information.
C & K Careers Ltd takes all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
The ways we do this include:
• using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, including financial details
• limiting physical access to our premises
• limiting access to the information we collect about you
• ensuring that we and our partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep personal information secure
• and where required by law, destroying or de-identifying personal information.
The person who has overall responsibility for data protection is John Andrews, MI Manager.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact:C & K Careers Ltd (Registered Office)
T: 01484 242000
E: firstname.lastname@example.org, please include a phone number, so we can contact you
Company number: 3039360 VAT number: 640 6676 31
Sign-up to our newsletter and we will keep you informed about our latest events, services, products, training courses, opportunities, news...