Working with us
C+K is a great place to work for anyone seeking employment in a people-centred organisation where staff are valued and highly regarded.
C+K is a well-established, highly regarded and successful company providing careers advice and guidance services to young people and adults. We are proud of our achievements including: the National Investors in Diversity Award, the matrix Standard, and being successfully relicensed for another 3 years for the National Quality in Careers Standard. We thrive on our accomplishments, but most of all, on helping individuals to overcome their barriers to success so that they achieve positive outcomes.
Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the core of our work, and we are committed to creating diversity in our workforce and the positive benefits this can bring. We strive through our work and our people, to ensure the principles of FREDIE (fairness, respect, equality, diversity, inclusion and engagement) is our culture and part of our every day.
C+K is a great place to work for anyone seeking employment in a people-centred organisation where staff are highly valued and well rewarded:
- Competitive, incremental pay
- People’s pension, 5% employer contribution
- Expenses (travel, subsistence, professional & DBS fees etc.)
- Generous holiday allowance 33.5 days + 8 bank holidays
- Flexible working (opportunities for home and hybrid working)
- Occupational sick pay scheme
- Well-being services (occupational health, counselling, corporate gym and fitness membership, corporate eye care scheme, regular health and well-being promotions
- Training, development & career progression
Who are we looking for?
When we recruit, we look for people who understand our work and genuinely want to play a part in shaping futures for young people and adults in the local and wider community. Our core work centres around achieving positive outcomes across different groups, age and in a variety of settings, including schools and colleges, our careers centre and outreach locations. We strive continuously to close the gap that exists for the people we work with.
All job postings have a job description and person specification, and we ask applicants to consider these carefully before applying.
If you are as passionate as we are about our work, are creative and flexible, and people oriented, you will thrive and enjoy working in this challenging but rewarding environment.
As part of our commitment to those we work with, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to recruitment screening and a valid DBS Disclosure.
If you have any questions or queries or require any further information, please contact us on 01484 242000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not currently recruiting for any positions, but welcome CV’s and expressions of interest. If you would like to send in your CV, or make an enquiry, please contact Sally Horner (Operations Manager) at email@example.com.
We advertise through a variety of media to seek out the best people for our workforce; C+K website, Careers Development Institute (CDI) & Careers in Careers newsletter (CA roles), Kirklees and Calderdale LA’s and their partners, local vacancy bulletins, outreach centres, social media and other local channels.
Careers advisers need to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified to at least Level 4 in Advice and Guidance or equivalent and willing to work towards Level 6 in respect of schools and colleges
- Effective, proactive, resourceful, innovative and dynamic in the delivery and development of careers guidance services
- Strong communicator and effective networker
- Well organised, highly motivated, IT-literate and used to using database recording systems
Periodically, we also recruit trainee careers advisers, so you can develop your career and qualification whilst being paid.