FutureJobs is a fully-funded service brought to you by aspire-igen, Leeds City Region LEP and the European Social Fund.
Through free in-school events, great work experience placements, enterprise competitions and resource development, we work with you and your students to help them understand the world of work.
C&K are proud to be part of this exciting new project, delivering IAG sessions, running FutureJobs events and facilitating Work Experience for young people in the areas of Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield. We are also working with industry and educational professionals to develop resources around the Advanced Manufacturing sector.
Benefits of the Futurejobs Programme
- Get free, fully qualified advisers in your school, college or training provider organisation
- Special half-day events to build your students workplace skills involving well known employers, careers guidance professionals and young role models.
- Fully organised Enterprise competitions run over single days or longer timeframes, using real life scenarios to design and build solutions.
- Build apprenticeship skills and help students develop communication skills and self-confidence through our Ambassador network
- Paid release time for teachers and lecturers working with us to develop curriculum resources
Find out how you can get help in your school or college, or get involved with us to develop the next generation of careers guidance resources:
Bring employers, role models and careers professionals direct to your students. Offering pre-event support and half-day sessions for young people in your school or college, our carousel of activities will help them:
- understand jobs now and in the future
- develop encounters to establish employer expectations
- develop entrepreneurial spirit through self-employment
- find pathways to further and higher education
Building on input from our FutureJobs events, we offer meaningful work experience placements with local, national and international employers.
- All employers are fully vetted
- Placements are planned with the young person to help them understand and work towards their individual goals.
- The experience adds value to the rest of the careers programme and is embedded into an achievable action plan.
Employer-designed enterprise competitions, building students' problem solving and entrepreneurship skills.
- Encourages innovation and enterprise
- Real life scenarios designed in conjunction with major employers such as Premier Farnell, Keepmoat Construction and Nestle.
- Provides a stimulating method for developing key employability skills.
Apprenticeship Ambassador Scheme
Supporting current and recently-completing apprentices to develop their skills
- Accredited communication training to help develop presentation skills
- Involvement in training to help grow mentoring talents
Join our resource development team as an education professional to develop new classroom practice and top-class tools in the areas of Digital, Advanced Manufacturing and Construction.
- Fantastic CPD opportunities
- Develop relationships with employers and publishing professionals
- Classroom cover paid for release time