C&K Careers has a wealth of experience in running Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) INSET, bespoke training, and consultancy to schools and colleges.
To help a local 13–18 secondary school set up CEIAG (Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance):
- The school did not have a well established careers education programme.
- There was no whole school management of CEIAG.
- CEIAG had a low profile in school and it was difficult to get an overall picture of provision.
To offer the school long-term consultancy supporting them in:
- Establishing a careers education policy.
- Developing a good quality CEIAG programme across all school years.
- Improving the school CEIAG provision to a level where it could apply for the C&K Careers Quality Standard.
The school now has:
- A dedicated section for careers on the school website detailing the support students and parents can expect.
- Key people in school with clear roles and responsibilities for CEIAG.
- CEIAG with a much higher profile.
- Further information for parents - a regular newsletter, a Careers’ flyer.
- Completed an audit of work-related learning and business links.
The school has identified the need to:
- Develop careers education within PSHCE to enhance the curriculum.