We are pleased to announce that, after a very rigorous evaluation process, the revalidation Quality in Careers Standard (QiCS) panel’s decision was that the C&K Careers Quality Standard once again met all fifteen of the national QiCS criteria.
The panel was held at Brighouse High School and attended by representatives from C&K Careers and both Brighouse and Batley Girls High Schools. Both schools explained how achievement of the C&K Careers Quality Standard impacted on the provision of CEIAG in their schools. They confirmed the direct benefits to young people of holding the award, as well as its positive impact on CEIAG.
'You should be justly proud of your award ... top notch!' Paul Chubb, Director for the Quality in Careers Standard and Chair of the Panel.
The statutory guidance for careers education, information, advice and guidance recommends that each school and college should have its own careers programme assessed against a quality standard, which is validated against the national Quality in Careers Standard (QiCS). Changes to the guidance and the Government’s Careers Strategy, due to be announced later in the summer, may strengthen this advice.
The validation panel’s report:
- Congratulated C&K Careers on 'its success in using the standard as a development tool to drive improvement in CEIAG and overall school improvement in all its partner schools and colleges regardless of whether they have yet committed to gaining the award".
- Concluded that the high take-up and renewal rates for the award suggest that schools and colleges value the process - the two schools at the validation panel confirmed that it has assisted them to plan, audit and review leading to school improvement.
- Commended 'the good leadership and organisation of the award and the quality of the award scheme documentation'.
- Confirmed that the nine criteria making up the award meet QiCS requirements and match up well with the Gatsby benchmarks.
'The panel commends the emphasis on what is explicitly required to meet the standard. The criteria are clear, practical and flexible.'
This means that local schools and colleges who have been assessed against the C&K Careers Quality Standard continue to hold an award that has been locally developed and nationally validated by the Quality in Careers Standard.
The C&K Careers Quality Standard provides an excellent working tool to:
- Audit the CEIAG provision in your institution
- Develop and improve your provision
- Ensure that your provision meets local and National Standards AND the Statutory Guidance requirements
- Provide evidence for Ofsted inspections
- Enhance the status of CEIAG in your institution
- Gain accreditation for your institution's provision
- Produce a detailed and comprehensive assessment report
- And, most importantly, ensure that the students in your institution receive high quality CEIAG!
Our award is well recognised and has a robust assessment process. Currently 20 Kirklees and 9 Calderdale schools and colleges hold the award and the number across Yorkshire and the Humber is rising.
If you would like to discuss how your school or college can acquire the award:
Contact: Jill Ellis, CEIAG Standards Coordinator
Call: 01484 225500