Customer Administrator Administrators - 18.5 hours per week
Salary: £11,835 - £18,390 pro rata
C&K Careers is a forward-looking company that has successfully delivered high quality careers information, advice and guidance services to young people and adults for more than 20 years. We are a not for profit organisation that understands our customers and delivers on their needs. The success of the company has enabled us to expand and we are keen to acquire new talent to join our highly valued team of qualified and professional people.
A new opportunity has arisen for Customer Service Administrators to join the Customer Service team to deliver a range of customer service functions including administrative support and reception cover from all company premises. To support staff with basic training needs in Microsoft packages company processes and use of equipment. To support the Customer Service Supervisor in measuring the effectiveness of internal and external customer service.
These are permanent & temporary contracts
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Undertake administrative duties; filing, mail (internal & external), photocopying, answering and re-directing phone calls, scan documents to databases.
- Contribute to the day to day running of the careers services office headquarters and centres.
- Provide customer service support at promotional events and exhibitions.
- Experience of administration work, office practices and good IT skills.
- GCSE level C in 4 subjects including English and Maths.
- A Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Be able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
- Willing to travel to different career centres on an ad hoc basis.
In addition, applicants will need to demonstrate that they have:
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- The ability to work well with people and across a number of teams.
- Passion, drive and commitment.
- The ability to think creatively and to generate new ideas for the business.
C&K Careers is a great place to work for anyone seeking employment in a people centred organisation where staff are valued and highly regarded. We offer excellent terms, conditions and benefits to our employees and opportunities for career development and progression.
If you are interested in the post and require any further information please contact Gretlyn Franklyn (Customer Service Supervisor) on 01484 225500.
Pack containing further details about the post - (55kb pdf)
Application forms can be obtained in the following ways:
Printable application form - (63kb pdf), print off, complete and return to the address below.
Or request a form by telephoning or emailing:
Sue Clarke or Shannon Sylvester
78 John William Street
Huddersfield, HD1 1EH
Call: 01484 225500
Completed application forms should be returned before or no later than Wednesday 17 January 2018 at 9.00am. Interviews will be held week beginning 22 January 2018.
- Promoting diversity and equality of opportunity -
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect our staff to share this commitment
Appointments are subject to receiving a DBS Enhanced Disclosure