Our highly regarded adult team has won the contract for delivering the assessment, employability training, in work support and transition elements to the Kirklees Headstart programme
Funded by Kirklees Council, Leeds City Region and the Department for Work and Pensions and run in partnership with Jobcentre Plus, Kirklees Council and Prospects, the Headstart programme supports young unemployed adults in Kirklees who are struggling to get started in work.
C&K Careers' adult team has:
- a great deal of experience in running employability training for a range of client groups, which meant the team was ideally placed to lead in the delivery of the Headstart programme.
- a track record in supporting people on work placements.
- highly trained specialist advisers qualified to Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development.
Our Adult team not only met but exceeded its National Careers Service targets for 2011/12, delivering 101.9%, which ranks us as the highest performing member of the Careers Yorkshire and the Humber partnership.
Mandy, adult adviser with C&K Carers talks on KLTV's Weekly Wind-up about the support offered to people in Kirklees and the Headstart programme
C&K Careers had the most nominations in the Careers Yorkshire and the Humber Extra Mile Awards with one of our adult careers advisers winning the overall award for West Yorkshire.
Each organisation in the partnership has an important role to play in ensuring the young adults of Kirklees get a Headstart:
- Jobcentre Plus staff - identify and encourage young adults to find out about what's involved.
- Prospects - identifies six month employment opportunities paying the National Minimum Wage or above
- C&K Careers advisers - design and run a series of workshops, sector skills and mentoring sessions to support trainees throughout their Headstart training and employment. They work closely with the participants to find work experience placements, preparing them for a guaranteed job interview for a six month paid contract.